I am not really a big fan of desserts however, a few select ones still make me go crazy, and surely Brownie tops that list. No matter how much Brownie I bake, it will be gone in no time😋. I always love to bake brownies because it can be done with just one bowl, so no hassle of clearing off the mess in the kitchen later and most importantly it tastes delicious. To make it a bit more interesting, I add some nuts into it. Trust me, you have got some healthy stuff going in while also adding some flavor. Do you know that brownie is a healthy dessert on its own right when you make this out of unsweetened natural cocoa/raw cacao powder. It’s loaded with iron, calcium, dietary fiber and other vitamins. To be honest, I managed to bake super fudge nutty brownies after a few tries so I thought I would share it with you; hope you enjoy it too!…
- 10 to 12 tbsp butter
- 75 to 80g unsweetened natural cocoa/cacao powder
- 250g sugar
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- A pinch of salt
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 3 eggs
- 80g all purpose flour
- Handful of chopped mixed nuts ( I used almonds and cashews)
1. Preheat the oven to 195c and position a rack in the lower third of oven. Line the bottom and sides of a square baking tray with parchment paper or aluminum foil and coat it with butter.
2. In a mixing bowl, add in cocoa powder, sugar, salt and baking powder and mix well together.
2. Melt the butter using microwave or hob and then pour it to the cocoa mix and stir mixture using wooden spoons until all the ingredients fully incorporated.
3. Stir in vanilla extract and add in eggs, one at a time mixing vigorously.
4. Now the batter becomes shiny and smooth. This is the time to add in the flour. after adding the flour, beat the batter well until fully incorporated. Throw in nuts and give it a mix.
5. Transfer the mixture into lined pan and spread it evenly. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until a little moisture left inside when insert a toothpick into the Brownie. Make sure that do not over bake it as over baking will dry out all the moisture.
6. Cool it down for a while and cut into desired shapes.
7. Serve it a little warmer with your favorite ice cream to enjoy it to the fullest.