This simple dip is a middle eastern recipe which is super easy to make in seconds, also can be prepared in many different flavors according to your personal taste. Hummus is packed with dietary fiber, protein, iron and other nutrients; there is no cooking required, all you need is a food processor.
Serves 4 to 5
- 250g chickpeas (soaked overnight in water)
- 1 tbsp dried red chilli fakes or chilli sauce
- 2 small garlic pods
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp tahini (sesame paste)
- 21/2tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Paprika (optional)
- A required amount of salt
1. Rinse the soaked chickpeas in cold water and boil the chickpeas in pressure cooker over high heat. Move the cooker off the burner after 4 to 5 whistles. Wait for the pressure to come down on its own.
2. Open the cooker and drain all excessive the water from boiled peas and then tip into the food processor.
3. Now add in chilli flakes, garlic, paprika, tahini, lemon juice, salt and a 4 tbsp of water. Turn on the food processor And pour in the olive oil slowly while it runs.
4. When the mixture is fully nice and smooth, tip into a bowl. Sprinkle with paprika on the top.
5. Serve with pita bread or falafel. Add more lemon juice if your like.